|Match the type of person with the right possessive adjectives.
Type of person
Possessive adjectives and pronouns
e. our (1-a,b)(2-e) (1-b,d)(2-c) (1-b,d)(2-e) (1-b,c)(2-e).
Match the sentences with their corresponding use of the auxiliary ¨can¨.
a. I can speak English.
b. Susana, can I drive your car while you´re out of town?
c. Can you give me a ride to school?
d. Hey, my brother is free now, he can help you. (1-a)(2-d)(3-b)(4-c) (1-d)(2-a)(3-c)(4-b) (1-d)(2-b)(3-a)(4-c) (1-d)(2-a)(3-b)(4-c).
Complete the following text:
Everyday I do many things. _____, I get up. _____, I have breakfast, _____ that I go for a walk. _____, I go to the store to buy my favorite lunch meat. When I get home, I make my favorite kind of soup. _____, I sit down to enjoy my soup.
Use the following adverbs of time to fill-in the blanks so that the sentences make sense.
5. Then 1-5-2-3-4 3-2-4-5-1 2-1-5-4-3 1-5-2-4-3.
¿Que método utilizas para comprender temas como el uso de los pronombres y adjetivos? Leer repetidamente el texto hasta memorizar la información relevante Hacer pausas durante la lectura y memorizar la lista de pronombres Buscar datos que te remitan a la información relevante para aprenderla Leer pausadamente para aprender una mayor cantidad de información.
Find the sentences that are correct.
1. I don’t play basketball anymore.
2. He doesn’t spends his money wisely.
3. Do you study hard enough?
4. My parents doesn’t like my friends.
5. Does she like to listen to music? 2, 3, 5 1, 4, 5 1, 2, 4 1, 3, 5.
Si te encontraras en una reunión con personas de habla inglesa que no conoces y quiere entrar en comunicación con ellos podrías: Quedar sin entender ni dar respuesta Entender todo lo que hablan, pero evitar responder Proporcionar tus datos, pero no solicitar información Presentarte e intercambiar información personal.
Punctuation marks are intentionally omitted in the following sentences.
Which of term are questions?
1. How old are you
2. Wow those nice boots
3. Which books do you like
4. What a pretty dress
5. Where the flowers are 1 And 3 3 and 5 2 and 4 4 and 5.
Substitute the nouns with possessive adjectives.
1. My sister´s name is Maria. _____ name is Maria.
2. My parent´s jobs are interesting. _____ jobs are interesting.
3. Mr. and Mrs. Moran´s eyes are blue. _____ eyes are blue.
4. Ms. Barron´s child is very funny. _____ child is very funny.
5. My pet´s house is very big. _____ house is very big.
6. I have a beautiful wife. _____wife is beautiful. Its – My – Their – Her – Their – Her Her – Their – Their – Her – Its – My Their – her – its – My – Her – Their My – Her – Their – Their – Her – Its.
At, on, in and under are examples of prepositions of: Place and movement Movement and time Place and time Time and nationality.
Which of the following forms may express a genuine request for information in a correct manner?
Do you think _____ to pay? If you has If you has You have Do you have.
Read the following question and fill in the blank with the correct question word.
_____ do you like on your taco? Salsa or cream? Where When Who What.
Fill in the blanks with the correct auxiliary.
The history teacher _____ know a lot about the transmission of diseases, but our science teacher _____. Do – don’t Does – don’t Don’t – does Doesn’t – does.
Complete the sentences with the appropriate question word.
1. Where/When is your brother running? In the garden.
2. Who/Why is crying? The boy.
3. When/How old are you? Forty.
4. Why/Who is thirsty? My mother. (1 – When)(2 – Why)(3 – How)(4 – Who) (1 – Where)(2 – Who)(3 – How)(4 – Who) (1 – When)(2 – Who)(3 – When)(4 – Why) (1 – Where)(2 – Why)(3 –When)(4 – Why).
Read and complete the sentence.
Ben and Mary won the race. _____ the fastest _____. They´re have – horse They had – horses They has – horse Theirs have – horses.
What is the correct question to the following answer? ( )
Answer: I make the tacos. Who make the tacos? What do make the tacos? What do makes the tacos? Who make the tacos?.
Decide whether to use the definite article THE or not. If not, use an X.
1. My dad likes _____ bananas.
2. I love _____ flowers on your table.
3. See you next _____ week.
4. I don’t always go by _____ train to Guanajuato.
5. Wow, you play _____ violin really well! (1 – the) (2 – X) (3 – the) (4 – X) (5 – the) (1 – X) (2 – the) (3 – the) (4 – the) (5 – X) (1 – X) (2 – the) (3 – X) (4 – X) (5 – the) (1 – the) (2 – X) (3 – X) (4 – the) (5 –X).
Read the following statesments.
1. Emma´s gist is at the left of Susan´s.
2. Mariana´s gift is below Susan´s.
3. Susan´s gift is next to Emma´s.
4. Susan´s gift is below Mariana´s.
Identify the correct descriptions. 1 and 4 2 and 3 2,3 and 4 1, 2 and 3.
Choose which of the following statements are true and correct in grammar.
1. We use WHERE to ask about time.
2. We use WHEN to talk about place or position.
3. We use WHO to ask for what or which person or people is doing the action.
4. We use WHY to ask for a reason.
5. We use HOW to ask about manner. 3, 4, 5 1, 3, 5 2, 4 1, 2.
Choose which form of the verb best completes the following sentences.
1. She _____ four languages.
2. Erica is a teacher. She _____ French.
3. I always _____ the window at night because it is cold.
4. Those shoes _____ too much.
5. His job is great because he _____ a lot of people. (1–speak)(2–teaching)(3–close)(4–costs)(5–meet) (1–speak)(2–taught)(3–closes)(4–costs)(5–meets) (1–speaks)(2–teaches)(3–close)(4–cost)(5–meets) (1–spoke)(2–teach)(3–close)(4–costing)(5–meets).
Read the word list:
Answer the question: What qre the qualifying adjectives? 2, 3, 5 2, 4, 6 2, 4, 5 1, 3, 4.
Identify the correct possessive pronoun
The book on the table belongs to Sarah; It´s _____. Hers Her His She´s.
Relate the adverbs of time to bake a cake.
2. After that
a. _____, you have to read the recipe.
b. _____, ou have to preheat the oven.
c. _____, mix the ingredients together and put them in a pan.
d. _____, let the cake bake for twenty minutes.
e. _____, take the cake out of the oven and let it get cold. [1-a] [2-e] [3-c] [4-d] [5-b] [1-b] [2-c] [3-d] [4-e] [5-a] [1-c] [2-d] [3-a] [4-e] [5-b] [1-c] [2-d] [3-a] [4-b] [5-e].
¿Qué aplicabilidad tiene el inglés para expresar ideas acerca de tu vida cotidiana? Lo usas en la escuela o casa cuando realizas actividades referentes al módulo Tratas de aplicarlo en todas las áreas de tu entorno donde su uso sea posible Lo usas solo en cuestiones personales o cuando te ves obligado a hacerlo La menor aplicación posible, porque no es un área que te guste o se te facilite.
Choose de correct combination of questions and answers that are correct.
1. When do you live? I live in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
2. What time does you wake up on weekdays? At 6 a.m.
3. How do your friends travel? They travel by car.
4. Why does your sister want to learn English? To get a better job. 2, 5 3, 4 1, 2, 4 1, 3, 5.
Look at drawing and choose the correct combination to complete the following sentences.
The sun is _____ the sky.
The car is _____ the house.
The tree is _____ the house. Under – behind – above In – in front of – beside Across – above – under Around – in – before.
Label C (correct) or I (incorrect) for each of the following sentences depending on their grammatical correctness.
1. My sister don´t loves football.
2. I believe everybody hates going to the Olympic games.
3. We are crazy about visiting the municipal museum.
4. My mother really enjoy buying food every day. [1-C] [2-I] [3-C] [4-I] [1-C] [2-I] [3-I] [4-C] [1-I] [2-C] [3-I] [4-C] [1-I] [2-C] [3-C] [4-I].
Use the verbs in the correct form in simple present for each sentence.
1. Agustin Treviño _____ in Guadalajara with his family
2. He _____ three daughters
3. They _____ famous, too
4. His youngest daughter _____ TV everyday [1-lives] [2-has] [3-are] [4-watches] [1-live] [2-has] [3-are] [4-watched] [1-lived] [2-has] [3-is] [4-watches] [1-lives] [2-have] [3-are] [4-watch].
Match each question word with their correct meaning in the following questions.
1. Where did you buy this lovely jacket?
2. Why are you late
3. Why are you taking the bus
a. To what place
b. In what way
c. For what reason
d. In greetings
e. In what place
f. For what purpose
g. By what means [1-b] [2-d] [3-f] [1-a] [2-c] [3-b] [1-e] [2-g] [3-c] [1-e] [2-c] [3-f].
Choose the correct question to the following answer
Answer: he's friendly When is he like? How is he like? What is he like? What is he likes?.
Complete the sentence with the correct demonstrative pronoun
_____ is my head and _____ are my hands That → this These → this This → these This → that.
Read the following conversation:
Rocío: wow, you look really nice today. I like your red jacket. Is it new?
Carolina: thanks. Yes, it is. I like your black earrings.
Now, answer the following question: what are they talking about? What Carolina and Rocío like about what each other is wearing That Carolina and Rocío dislike Rocío's earrings and clothes What Carolina dislikes avout her jacket and her earrings too That Carolina likes all of Rocío´s clothes except her earrings.
Correctly complete the following question.
"My name is John. _____ is your name?" Who What When Where.
Choose the verbs that best complete the following sentence
I _____ coffee, but I _____ a cup of hot tea in the morning Likes → love Likes → likes Like → love Love → loves.
Si conocieras a una persona de habla inglesa a través de una red social ¿cómo intercambiarías información con ella sobre sus gustos y pasatiempos usando oraciones con like y dislike? Darías respuestas cortas y directas sin estructuras gramaticales complejas, que te eviten conversas. No harías ninguna pregunta Expresarías de manera autónoma tus ideas utilizando las nociones gramaticales y vocabulario propias para su formulación Consultarías todas las expresiones gramaticales y todo el vocabulario en un diccionario o traductor para poder expresar tus ideas Usarías tus nociones gramaticales para expresar tus ideas apoyándote de un diccionario o traductor para consultar vocabulario.
Look at the image below and determine which preposition corresponds to each statement
2. Next to
3. between a. Ramón is ____ Lalo.
b. Lalo is ____ Julio and Ramón
c. Lalo is _____ Ramón [1-b] [2-a] [3-c] [1-a] [2-c] [3-b] [1-c] [2-a] [3-b] [1-c] [2-b] [3-a].
What question word do you use when you ask about someone's identity? Who When What Where.
Arrange the following words to form a complete sentence:
For / bakes / occasion / she / cakes / every She bakes cakes for every occasion Bakes she cakes for every occasion She for every occasion bakes cakes Cakes bakes she for every occasion.
Match the sentences according to like or dislike feelings
a. My father loves Mexican food
b. I think everybody hates going to the dentist
c. We are crazy about playing soccer
d. My sister really enjoys walking to school everyday [like-a,b] [dislike- c,d] [like-a,c,d] [dislike- b] [like-b] [dislike- a,c,d] [like-c,d] [dislike- a,b].
Llena los espacios con los adjetivos posesivos para los sujetos subrayados
1. Guillermo saves _____ beard with an electric razor
2. Lucia loves _____ chilfren very much
3. The boys win all _____ football games
4. The dog I own is _____ favorite pet His → my → their → her His → her → their → my My → her → their → his His → their → her → my.
Después de revisar el tema de "uso de auxiliares" decides realizar una serie de ejercicios para practicar. ¿qué procedimiento realizas para resolverlos? Intentas resolver todos los ejercicios solo y al final consultas el material de estudio para aclarar dudas y corregir errores Intentas resolver todos los ejercicios solo y al final identificas tus dudas y pides apoyo para aclararlas a un asesor Resuelves todos los ejercicios consultando a la par tus dudas en tu material de apoyo para evitar cometer algún error Resuelves los ejercicios en equipo para apoyarte entre todos y así aclarar dudas e identificar y corregir errores.
Choose the correct possesive adjective his, her, or their for each noun or pronoun.
a. The Williams sisters are tennis players, _____ matches are always great
b. Barbara Streisand is a famous singer, _____ new video is great
c. Sean Penn is an actor. _____ movies are very good
d. My parents are very nice with me. I am _____ favorite child. [1-b,d] [2-c] [3-a] [1-d] [2-b] [3-a,c] [1-c] [2-a,c] [3-d] [1-c] [2-b] [3-a,d].
Look at the picture and indicate which sentences are true
1. All the bottles have the same amount
2. Bottle 1 is emptier than bottle 2
3. Bottle 3 is the fullest
4. Bottle 2 is as full as bottle 4 1, 4 2, 3 3, 4 1, 2.
Arrange the following words to from a complete question:
Do/often/you/native/your/how/visit/country? How often do your visit native country? Do you visit native country how often? How often do you visit your native country? You do visit your native country how often?.
Chose which of the following verbs best complete each sentence
1. He ____ two languages
2. Josue ia a teacher. He _____ Spanish.
3. I always _____ the door at night
4. These gloves _____ too much.
f. opens [1-a] [2-a] [3-e] [4-b] [1-a] [2-c] [3-f] [4-d] [1-c] [2-a] [3-e] [4-b] [1-c] [2-c] [3-f] [4-d].
Select the correct verb for each blank
I _____ 21 years old
Gentlemen _____ kind to others
People _____ responsibilities
Orange juice _____ good to drink Am → are → have → is Is → are → have → am Am → have → is → are Am → have → are → is.
Choose the correct personal pronoun for the word(s) in brackets in each sentence
1. _____ are beautiful. (The flowers).
2. _____ has two brothers. (My wife).
3. _____ are in the same class. (Your brother and my sister).
4. _____ is playing cards in the garden. (My English teacher's father) [1-you] [2-she] [3-they] [4-she] [1-they] [2-he] [3-they] [4-I] [1-they] [2-she] [3-you] [4-he] [1-they] [2-she] [3-they] [4-he].
The glasses and napkins are _____ the table At On In Across.
Choose the correct simple present tense form of the verb from the following sentences.
I have a very busy family. My twins always _____ shopping with their friends.
My son _____ with his friends and they _____ soccer after that. My wife _____ a lot of appointments because she is a doctor. Go → study → plays → has Goes → study → plays → has Goes → study → play → have Go → studies → play → has.
All of the following words can be used at the beginning of a question EXCEPT
Set 1 = [What, When, How]
Set 2 = [Do, Is, Are]
Set 3 = [Live, talk, Eat]
Set 4 = [Does, Am, Are] Sets 2 and 4 Sets 2 and 3 Set 3 Set 1.
Select the sentences that are true
1. "I can speak English." Expresses possibility
2. "Susana, can I drive your car while you're out of town?" expresses permission
3. "Can you give me a ride to school?" expresses request
4. "Hey, my brother is free now. He can help you." Expresses request 1, 4 1, 3, 5 2, 3 2, 4, 5.
Complete the sentence with the correct pronoun
"Today is Nancy's birthday, _____ is fifteen" Her She Him He.
¿Cómo realizas la corrección ortográfica de las preguntas con "Wh" en tus trabajos escritos? Pides a alguien más que te ayude a identificar los errores en tu escrito Prefieres omitir el uso de palabras que desconoces o tienes dudas sobre su escritura Utilizas la más recomendada revisión ortográfica del procesador de textos Cotejas contra tu material de apoyo las palabras con las que tienes dudas.
Read the next sentences:
I'm a teacher.
You are in class.
Now, rephrase the sentences with their verbs in negative I'm not a teacher.
You don't go to class I aren't a teacher.
You don´t go to class I'm not a teacher.
You aren't in class I are not a teacher.
You aren't in class.
Choose the correct preposition for location
"The mailbox is _____ the corner" Under At On In.
Read the following group of words: when, where, what and who.
Identify the function of the words in the group. We use them to: Show an action Indicate a location Names and places Ask questions.
Complete the conversation with the correct words:
1. Robert: _____ we swim today?
2. Amanda: No, we _____ swim today because it's cold. [1-can] [2-can] [1-can't] [2-can't] [1-can] [2-cant] [1-can] [2-can't].
Choose the correct personal pronoun.
"Tom is playing basketball. _____ is at school." She I He We.
Choose the correct verb for the following sentence.
"I to the radio everyday" Watch Listen Hear Go.
Choose the correct answer for the following question.
Do you live in a house? Yes, live Yes, I do I do live Yes, do I.
What is the correct question to the following answer?
Answer: the bus to México City is early. Which bus is early Which bus are early Which bus do is early Which do bus is early.
Read the following sentence and identify all of the pronouns and decide whether they're singular or plural.
We don't think it can work for him. [it=singular] [him=singular] [We=plural] [him=singular] [We=plural] [it=singular] [him=singular] [We=singular] [it= plural] [him= plural].
Fill in the blank with a personal pronoun for the following sentence
They say: " _____ found them in the park" Them They We Us.
Look at picture below. Which of the following statements are correct?
1. His hair is gray
2. He has a beard
3. His hair is long
4. He has dark hair. 2, 4 2, 3, 4 1, 3 1, 2, 3.
What article best corresponds with the following statement?
My father in law has _____ evil laugh. A An The And.
Choose the correct preposition of place:
The circle is _____ the two cubes. In Between Under On.
Estando en la calle un turista ingles te pide ayuda para encontrar una dirección ¿qué haces? Le pides ayuda a alguien o le dices que pida ayuda a alguien más que entienda mejor para no confundirla Das instrucciones para llegar conforme a las nociones gramaticales y en el vocabulario correctas Das instrucciones para llegar al lugar conforme a las nociones gramaticales y con vocabulario incompleto Usas señas, dibujos y frases cortas o fragmentos de oraciones para intentar guiarlo correctamente.
Choose the correct option of the modal can or can't to complete the sentences:
1. Laura _____ teach English; she's not a teacher.
2. Elena _____ run very fast; she likes to practice athletics.
3. David _____ speak four languages! It's so easy for him!
4. Daniel _____ cook anything good. Nobody likes his food! Can, can, can't, can't Can't, can't, can't, can Can, can't, can't, can't Can't, can, can, can't.