|1.Once a practice problem has been identified the next step would be to use the PICOT format to ask a question about the problem PICOT stands for P population I intervention C concepts O operational definitions T time P precision instrument , I intervention , C control , O Operational definitions , T time P Population , I internal validity , c comparisons , o outcome , T time P Population , I Intervention , C Comparison O Outcome T time.
2. The Affordable Care Act has directed the US Department of Health and Human Services and multiple agencies to develop and disseminate initiatives on meeting the care needs of patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions (MCC). What is the primary purpose for the national direction? To improve the health and health care of all Americans through targeted portfolio focused
To conduct health services research and engage in policy efforts focusing on health care
financing and service delivery.
To protect against high out-of-pocket costs by prohibiting insurers from denying
coverage based on pre-existing conditions.
To support the goal of improving the well being of humanity through smart
3 After thoroughly researching the topic of interest, what is the next step an APN should ask in selecting a theory/model for use in practice or research? Does the theory /model fit with the purpose / topic of interest ? Are the relationships of the major concepts delineated ? Have several different theories/models been examined? Are the assumptions , rationale and suppositions accepted by the APN?.
4. Which three roles represent the accepted advanced practice nursing roles? Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM)
Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
Critical care registered nurses (CCRNs).
5.What are the three major categories of Nola Pender’s Health promotion model? Behavior-specific cognitions and affect
Characteristics and experiences
Individual health measures.
6.Which theorist/s identifies caritive factors as a value system, faith-hope and sensitivity to self and others? This describes which of the following theories? Dorothea Orem Paterson and Zderad Jean Watson theory Margaret Newman.
7. What set of components is essential in a scientific theory ? Interrelated concepts, definitions, and propositions. Interrelated statements which assume all the relationship to be true Statements that are based on the authors opinions and experience only Propositions and constructs that are not necessarily tied together.
8. The term advanced nursing practice (APN)includes nurses who are : Certified APRNs with a minimum of a master’s degree Graduates o f programs in nursing education or a health-related field Nurses certified in nursing informatics , nurse administration , policy or public health Registered nurses with specialized post baccalaureate training.
9. To meet Medicare’s coverage requirements , the nurse practitioners’ services must be Provided subject to states restrictions and supervision requirements Provided under direct supervision Provided in rural health clinic or federally qualified health center Billed through a physician directed clinic , health agency or hospital.
10. A 20-year-old female comes to the primary care clinic with clinical findings consistent with acute bronchitis. She is sexually active with a male partner, although she states prior to this relationship she did have two sexual partners. Her menses occurs every 28 days and is regular. An example of a primary prevention activity for this patient is: Screening for a sexually transmitted disease Prescribing therapies to decrease a cough Obtaining a Papanicolaou (PAP) test Counseling about safer sexual practices.